Not sure what this one was searching for in the middle of a grass field; a rodent maybe? I always thought they did most of their hunting around the shorlines. This one was a good half mile away from the water. Taken with the newly acquired Tokina AT-X 400 f5.6 . I think I'm going to have to try stopping this lens down a bit more. I'm also curious how it will work with the F1.7X adapter before I splurge on a new Tamron or Sigma APO 1.4X. I think I am getting bit by the telephoto LBA bug.
*istDL 1/1000s @ f/6.7 iso200 / Handheld, processed w/BibbleLite
Comments & critique always helpful. Thanks for looking.

http://i.pbase.com/g3/87/63987/2/56113299.GBHinField.jpg

JayT