Hi Godfrey,
Thank you and sorry for the same questions.
Yes I like angle of 24mm lens and plan to buy A24 to have for PZ1 and dslr
when I buy it. So thank you for commnents on the lens!
I own 30mm lens very happy but just wondered if FA is better. So either
new FA 35mm is really better or you have maybe faulty version of 30mm,
since you prefer FA 28 and 35mm and I have read that 30mm is better than
any 28mm from Pentax and sometimes it is truth that used lens can be
faulty a little bit. But maybe FA is really better. I must consider what
to keep/sell.Manual focising is very nice for me and build quality is also
better with K than FA lenses, no wonder by the way. Some say that K lenses
are also great and often better than FA ones but it probably depends on
sample wariations and testers. for instance I have results from Modern
Photography in whicj K 50/1/4 got better results than A one in sharpness,
not much but bettre and A, F, FA seems to be the same optically so it is
strange. I believe that sample variations are a problem to test lesnes
(like everything), just look at photodo where F is better than FA, why and
FA 43 got really poor results, 28mm is not very good, worse than AIS from
Nikon.
Once again thank you for commenst and answers, pictures are more
important!Pity I do not have my website, no free time to do this, PhD is
calling...so plenty of research ahead of me.
What surprice me it is the fact that on DS you could see the difference
between FA 35mm and 30mm , since sensor is said to be about 50 - 60 lines
per mm and resolution of above lenses is for sure higher. so probably sth
wrong with your 30mm, I have a problem with M28mm, a little bit soft,maybe
faulty a few years ago.
Greetings,
Alek
PS You have very nice B&W picture on website, I shoot mostly landscapes
and close ups but nearly slided only and sometimes 300D Canon with kit and
macro 100mm USM but I do not like a build of kit wrrr...:)