Dave Brooks wrote:

>Do earlier versions of PS have problems opening up files from newer versions.?

Yes.

>The logo i'm doing was done on the ibook (PSCS)G4 OSX. I saved as a Jpg
>(I did not merge any layers) and moved it to my PC Windows XP Home SP 2.
>When i went to open in PS 7 it gave me an eror of not enough memeory to open.
>The file is only 68K.

Now that's weird. JPG should be compatible between all versions.

>However it would open in PSEL3 but i could not do anything to it as it
>said the layers were locked.

What layers? If it's a JPG it can't have any layers!

If it has more than a single layer (background) it can't be a JPEG
file. Perhaps it's a Photoshop PSD file with a JPG extension
erroneously tacked on?

Try re-saving on the original computer, but save it as a multi-layer
TIFF (make sure it's 8-bit color). That should work fine on earlier
versions of Photoshop.