About the SR test shots: Are they shot at the wide or at the long end. If
wide, it's pretty good. If long, that's very impressive.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that; the first was shot wide (7.9mm) and the second at 13.7mm (the long range is 23.7mm).

Here's a photo to compare it to the original Optio S. This still looks and
feels great but the image quality is inferior, of course.

Why inferior?

I guess you got me there, I jumped to conclusions, an older camera with a lower pixel count must be inferior. However, although adequate for some purposes, I don't think 3.2 MP can produce the same quality as a 8 MP camera. I addition, the Pentax folding lens system has most likely evolved during the intervening years; my first generation Optio S has problems with sharpness in one quadrant.

Whatever the case, cameras should not be judged untried, so I will take some comparison shots when I have recovered from the cold that is subduing me right now. I will also compare the A10 with my *istDS, of course.

Are you able to take the same pictures witout stabiliser at the same
settings (incl FL) for comparison?

A good question that I will try to answer although it is not so simple. I will have to take a number of pictures and try to establish some statistical average for each situation.

Regards,
Bertil