I've put the book on my to-read list.  Thanks, Mike.

-Aaron

-----Original Message-----

From:  mike wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subj:  Re: Re: CRASH! Always Wear Your Seat Belt ...
Date:  Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:00 am
Size:  1K
To:  <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>

> From: Aaron Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2006/03/21 Tue PM 02:45:36 GMT
> To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
> Subject: Re: CRASH! Always Wear Your Seat Belt ...
>

> On Mar 21, 2006, at 8:02 AM, Shel Belinkoff wrote:
>
> > Mike, to which "Crash" movie are you referring.  There was one by David
> > Cronenberg
> >
> > http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid=404309
> >
> > and the more recent one
> >
> > http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid=70023961 with Sandra
> > Bullock
> > and friends.
>
> Mike must be talking about the recent Crash -- Cronenberg's Crash is
> set in Toronto.

Hmmmm.  Shel's post has not come through here, yet.  I am now talking about
both, to different people on the same thread.  I think I am just about to
confuse myself.  I assumed (probably wrongly) that Shel and BobW were referring
to the newer, race-related one.

> Shel, if you like Cronenberg you are in for a real treat.  Though I'll
> also say that when I saw Crash theatrically, my friend and I were the
> last two people left in the theatre as the rest of the audience
> apparently couldn't stomach it.
>
> Also, it's nicely photographed by Peter Suschitzky, who also has The
> Rocky Horror Picture Show and The Empire Strikes Back on his diverse
> resume.  And the score by Howard Shore is haunting.  I went out and
> bought it immediately after leaving the theatre.
>
> -Aaron

Read the book, Aaron.  It is a compulsive page turner.

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software