I have v3 of the same lens. There is no macro switch. You simply focus
closer.
My copy of the lens is in need of a CLA (I believe the problem is sticky
aperture). I have just bought another one. Think it will arrive tomorrow.

Tim
Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)

Never underestimate the power of stupidity in large crowds
(Very freely after Arthur C. Clarke, or some other clever guy)