Compared to my PZ-1, PZ-1p, and (especially) Super
Programs, the istD shutter noise is a whisper.  I have
shot chamber music recitals with the PZ-1p without
disturbing anyone, so comparing the istD and istDS
noise is rather like comparing the noise of a fly fart
and a flea sneeze.

Rick

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxistds/page4.asp

http://www.photo.net/photos/RickW