Hi Sandra
could it be that the laptop tries to boot from CD or even USB drives?
Try to boot without a CD or diskette inserted or USB connection.
If that works, go into the BIOS setup and change the boot order to hard disk
first.

You can "repair" your Windows Installation  by fixing the master boot
sector, you have to boot with the CD for that.
If the problem reappears after that, your hard disk may be faulty or you may
have a boot sector virus.

greetings
Markus