I thought I'd entertain you a bit while nagging about the cropping ;-)

This is a crop ;-) This crow passed. When looking at it later I liked the
abstract look. After some fiddling I decided that I'll let two more birds
into the frame. It creates a pattern, a rhythm, can't explain why I see it
this way.

http://foto.no/cgi-bin/bildegalleri/vis_bilde.cgi?id=230021
500mm and 1/200s. The rest of the techie stuff isn't very relevant IMO.

I could perhaps have done something with the dark parts in the water, to
make the lowest bird more visible.
But I didn't. I'm a slob ;-)
I played a bit with it in PSEL, trying to add a more surreal feeling. Tried
a lot of alternatives, but ended up almost as it came out of the converter.

Tim
Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)

Never underestimate the power of stupidity in large crowds
(Very freely after Arthur C. Clarke, or some other clever guy)