Don if you install version 2.4 of the ACR plug-in for CS (the most
recent version for CS IIRC) you will then be able to see & edit your
.pef files.

Here's the direct link to the necessary plug-in:

<http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2701>

I had CS for some time before upgrading to CS2 & had no problems
working with the Pentax RAW files, once I installed the updated
plug-in (v2.1 at that time). I still have CS installed with v2.4 of
ACR.

BTW Adobe Bridge is only available with CS2.

Cheers,

Dave S.

--
"All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy." -
Spike Milligan