Unca Mikey wrote:
A quick question, something I am curious about -- I've read a lot here about the compatibility of older lenses on newer bodies, but what about the other way?

Specifically, on film bodies without a thumbwheel (MZ-S, ZX-5n, etc), how do you change the aperture when the lens is set on "A" or the lens does not have an aperture ring? Is there a way to directly change the aperture on the body? I assume you can affect aperture indirectly by changing shutter speed, but can you operate in Av mode?

Are such lenses even usable on older bodies like the MX?

Thanks.

*>UncaMikey

That *is* an issue. If the body you are using doesn't allow you to set aperture "in body", and/or doesn't support an auto-aperture mode, you will only be able to shoot wide open.