I plan to move in 6-8 months out of California. Probably. Most likely.
Finances and all that, plus the humongous amount this condo will now sell for.
CA
housing prices are outrageous, but I might as well benefit from it. :-)

Being a third generation Californian, this will be a wrench. And having lived
here so long, I've seen a great deal of California. But I have not seen a lot
of it for a long, long time.

So I've been making plans to revisit some old familiar places before I leave,
like Santa Cruz, Lake Tahoe, Siskiyou County, and Yosemite. And quite a few
other places. Like I am considering a trip up the coast to catch a lot of
redwoods and visit some spots that have some family history attached.

Then when I sit down to figure it out, seems like if I want to see everything
I want to see it could run into big bucks (motel rooms are expensive these
days). So I started thinking I may have to do some tent camping to see
everything. Starting probably in August.

Never camped alone as a woman, bit intimidating. I did do a fair amount in my
thirties with a group. But that was a long time ago. :-) I might eat out all
the time and only camp over night. Haven't decided. Anyway, these trips will
definitely be photography oriented.

Been sort of figuring out the basic camping gear I need for tent camping. No
frills. No backpacking.

Anyway, anyone with any suggestions about camping gear I wouldn't mind
hearing them. I also wouldn't mind hearing suggestions on tent camping in
general.

Tent camping to me means the camps are easily accessible by car and no RVs
are involved.

TIA, Marnie aka Doe