Hi Boris ...

It's fascinating that you're familiar with the term "fish wrap."  When I
was a youngster, fish were often sold wrapped in newspaper.  That's not
been the case for decades, at least around here.  Everything's been so
sanitized.  The term goes back to long before you were even a glimmer in
your parents' eyes, and that use of the newspaper pretty much became
history before you were even born.

Herb Caen, a well-loved and very well-known columnist for the old San
Francisco Chronicle used to refer to the paper as "the local fish wrap."  I
always got a chuckle whenever he wrote that, and promised myself that one
day I'd use the term.

Shel