I suspect you'd need a magnifier and even then it would leave some to
be desired. You'd have to use AF for anything but a longish lens.

The way I work with the Sony is that I use its flex-spot focusing
feature with manual focus and instant AF: center the spot on
precisely what I want it to focus on, press the button, and it's in
focus. Then I can tweak the focus with the lens control ... the
viewfinder zooms to 2x or 4x magnification so you can see the focus
transition more easily.

I don't know precisely what the Zigview allows, if anything, on
digital magnification. If it does that, then you can focus with it,
with a bit of practice.

Godfrey