hmmm...

This guessing game is more about which features Aaron treasure most in
his 67, than it is about new features in the K10D.

My interpretation of the patent link Dag posted is that it looks like
a way to reek out noise produced by the sensor, in such a way that it
could be implemented at all shutter speeds without any significant
penalty in performance.

It is also tempting to speculate that the useable dynamic range of the
sensor will increase as a result of this, but the proof will be in the
pudding.

Jostein