Okay, I'll be the first to admit that this is probably the worst pic
I've posted for a PESO so far.

Still, I'm happy with it because it is a first proof of concept for a
range of macro subjects I have not dared to explore until now, after
my success with the snow crystals last winter.

Plankton is usually reserved for microscopy photography in labs. One
has to collect samples in the field and study them back home. My goal
was to be able to shoot them on location, using ordinary photographic
equipment.

http://www.oksne.net/paw/sidacrystallina.html

Next stage will be to explore lighting techniques. :-)

Thanks for looking.

Jostein