K10D is here, battery already charged, manuals rapidly put away and ignored.

I'm using an old single speed 256Mb card, because procrastinator me, I
didn't order a card when there was a thread about good deals a few
weeks back. Even with the old card, jpeg perfprmance is really fast.
RAW is about the same as the istD, but of course this is entirely due
to the slow card.

This camera is big. I knew that, but I prefer the size of the istD.
Still, shake reduction, write speed and resolution I think offset the
size for me, at least until this sensor appears in a K100D sucessor.

Shake reduction works nicely, it seems. I get what looks like
acceptable results at 1/8s with the FA50mm/1.7. Nice.

Everything feels way faster and more responsive than with my istD.

Looking at the menus, seems like you can program the behavior of the
dials in the different modes: in P for example, HyP is default, but
you can also have program shift and exposure compensation, for
example. I tend to use exposure compensation a lot, so this is great.

The viewfinder is the same as the istD.

That's all for now. I'll be shooting all day tomorrow...

Juan Buhler - http://www.jbuhler.com
photoblog: http://photoblog.jbuhler.com
a book: http://www.jbuhler.com/book.html