The only "known flaw" that I'm aware of is that they act flaky when the
voltage gets low, and they don't like it when the batteries in the grip
are not matched well with those in the body. But I believe Dave's
problems go well beyond that. I've owned two D cameras, still have one,
and the only problems i've encountered were when the batteries were
nearly dead. That would cause intermittent lockups or generally weird
behavior. If Nimh batteries are used, care must be taken to ensure that
all the cells are good and equally charged. I've always used AA
lithiums. That makes it worry free.
Paul