Scott Loveless wrote:

> I'd like to offer another recommendation for the Domke F2.  [...]
> You can access all of your gear from the top without having to remove
> anything.

That's why I love my F2 ... I just "flap" the top flap completely open
and down the back of the bag ... that plus it's taken a royal beating in
its life and only looks "lived in" ... after about eight years of hard
use, it shows no sign of wearing out within my lifetime (I'm 43).

> I have noticed two drawbacks.  If your bodies have long
> lenses or zooms attached it can be hard to remove them.

I just put them "nose down" into the vertical "lens compartments".

> It's much easier to get to your gear if you can support the bag
> from beneath.  Kneeling down and putting the bag on your knee will
> do the trick.

Hmmm.  I never found a need to do anything like that.  Typically, the
camera is around my neck on a strap.  Lenses are "nose down" in the
vertical "lens compartments" with hood on and front cap off, rear caps
stay on.  I just reach in the bag and grab what I want.

> Get the backpack staps for those long walks.

I didn't know they existed, but may have to get a set for those times I
don't have the golf cart at the track with me.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)