Hi Tom ... yes, I was talking about print quality, not the subject or
composition of his photos.  And yes, you're probably correct in
assuming that Mike knows a bit about what makes a quality print,
however, we all have different standards and preferences. I've spent
some time with a photographer who has had numerous covers, and the
technical work (print quality, sometimes lighting, sometimes exposure)
was terrible. Yet his pictures captured the spirit of the people he
photographed quite well, and some, from that POV, were exceptional.
And to put my comments in perspective (because we all know how
critical I can be) the photographer even said a lot of his work was
pretty poor from a technical standpoint.  So, we'll wait and see.

--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]