But you and I might be sekeleton pieces before that happens, if it
happens at all.
In this case who has been waiting all his life for something that
would never happen and as a consequence use less than ideal quality
optics?

Using DA lenses, at least, you know what you use NOW is the best
possible. Eveything else is conjectures/wishful thinking, being
desirable or not is not the problem. I'd like me too a 24*36 or even
bigger sensor. I know I have no money and will not. I use what I can
afford now.

I sold my F 70-210 (which focussed awfully slowly) 'cos I bought a
DA50-200. I don't care as I didn't use the F since it was too slow to
AF. I have no problem with that. And what if 24*36 comes later? Well
between now and then I got a new lens *that I use* and which is IMO
pretty good. The rest...

--

Thibault Massart aka Thibouille