On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 15:04:13 -0800, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

>> Question 2 : I have photoshop elements 3.O I believe.  Do I need to
>> upgrade
>> that?
>
>PSE3 can be used with the latest version of Camera Raw, which is
>v3.6. I would recommend upgrading to that version of the RAW
>conversion plug-in, at least. Again, set the K10D to capture RAW
>files in DNG mode and, with the Camera Raw v3.6 plugin, you're good
>to go.

And on the 19th of februari, Camera Raw version 3.7 is due out.
That has support for the native K10D PEF too.

The only advantage of that (at the moment) is that PEF's take
up less space on the card (roughly 10Mb versus 16Mb for DNG)

Allows you to have more shots on a single card ...

Even when shooting PEF though (did that with the istD) I tend
to convert them to DNG directly after transfer to the computer
since these are a bit smaller still, and have the advantage that
all RAW conversion information will be kept in the same file
by Camera RAW. No seperate 'sidecar' files (.XMP) or
a database with conversion info needed ...

Regards, JvW