I had a chance to buy a SMC-F 135mm 2:8 off of eBay and took a chance
(BIN $99 + shipping).  I am usually a "zoom" guy, but I am slowly
building my prime lens options.  I find the F135 is a pretty sharp
performer but the contrast is a little flat..  It is nothing that
cannot be punched up in post processing.  The lens if fairly well
built and handles very nicely on the K10D.  AF is not especially
speedy and I find that it hunts more that I would have thought.  The
focal length is a little longish, but I tend to favor my longer zooms
for what I shoot.  Overall I think I got a good deal.

Here are some test shots from in and around the house.  There is no
great art here, I was just shooting at objects trying to get a feel
for the lens.  There are the obligatory cat photos for you feline
fans:

http://homer.chem.sc.edu/perry/smc-f135/content/index.html

Taken with the K10D, RAW (DNG) + JPG, minimal processing in Lightroom.

Any and all comments appreciated.

I was also using this test as an opportunity to learn Lightroom's web
page creation.  There are some nice thing about it but there are also
some limitations.  The opened image size is restricted by the matrix
size defined by the gallery.  The image size will always be restricted
within the "light gray" area of the gallery.  You can force the image
to show larger only if you define the gallery size larger (i.e. 5x4).
If this is larger than the number photos in the gallery (like mine) it
looks funny.   Hope they fixed this in the released version.

--
Perry Pellechia

Primary email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Alternate email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]