Thanks, to those who responded to my question about the digital image to
transparency situation.  Several good suggestions.  Out local high quality
digital lab doesn't offer the service because the quality is usually very
poor even with a ultra high resolution file.  The tech recommended copying
a flat screen projection.  He did say that a couple of local shops offer
the service, but the quality is poor when projected.

As it turns out, the people in my department weren't interested in the
stability of the image, that thought hadn't occurred to them.  They just
thought it would be easier to use a slide projector to cover different
shifts here at work, although I haven't seen a standard slide projector
used here in years.  All current training material is on video tape, on the
company's intranet, or in a Powerpoint (or similar) presentation.  My
partners just are just confused by technology.  I plan on using digital for
most work here on site and then if something is really needed in 35mm
transparency, I'll either restage and reshoot with a real camera ; ) (very
little news-breaking or artistic material) or copy as suggested.