I as well used the PZ-1p for quite a while and never used the User
Set feature. But I know it's useful to some photographers, though I
would certainly say he should get to know the camera and most of its
functions quite well before using the "User Set" functions at all. By
then, he'll have a pretty good idea of what particular set of
shooting conditions and settings he'd most like to have available as
a quick memorized setting.

Joe