Windows caches the preview information in the thumbs.db file in each
directory with thumbnails turned on.  "Raw shell extender" seems to
saving the raw display data in a file called rseThumbs.db, which is
located in the [%USER%}\Application Data\RawShellExtender directory.  It
obviously takes some time to build a database entry.

--
Entropy Seminar: The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekend lw uf
thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.