> There's something intensely moody and "film noir" about this photo. I
> like it.

Thanks, and thanks Paul, David, Bruce for commenting. Paul: I felt
that the banding worked in this case because the perspective of the
photo is mostly flat, so the bands are parallel to the lines in the
picture (except for the barrel distortion introduced by the cheap
converter.)

> What cheap 0.41x converter lens are you playing with? ;-)

This one: (link goes to the ebay page of the auction I 'won')
http://tinyurl.com/39ljlf

I figured, for $28.50 plus shipping I could afford to play with it. I
bought it for use on the Pentax H lens here:

http://www.jbuhler.com/HLimited/index.html

Which becomes too long on a DSLR. I'll test it as soon as I can hot
glue a filter ring to the Holga lens.

Juan Buhler - http://www.jbuhler.com
photoblog: http://photoblog.jbuhler.com
a book: http://www.jbuhler.com/book.html