> > Bill, now I wonder what I have been getting when I request
> > push-processing. I often shoot NHGII 800 and Supra 800 at 2500
> or 3200 with a two stop push (shooting indoors). Often the results are
> nice, sometimes not. If I am not getting a two-stop push in the
> processing, what am I getting? Just underexposed negs.?
>
> (William Robb wrote:) Under exposed negs with a contrast increase.

Okay, so when I need 1600 or 3200 and have 800 in the bag, should my
strategy be to rate the film at 1600 or 3200, but have it developed
normally? This would save a couple of $$ on processing.

OTOH, if all this is correct (and I assume it is), maybe I'll just try
Fuji's new ISO 1600 and shoot it at 1600.

The shooting is usually in museums, close-in on items in display cases.

Thanks again,

Joe