On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, William Robb wrote:

> FWIW, I have 2 MX's. On one, the meter doesn't work at all, the
> film advance works sometimes, and the shutter works about half
> the time that the film advance works. [snip]

I'm with Bill and Shel on this one.  I've seen quite a few MX's come
through Don's, and it's surprising how many have problems of one sort or
another.  I'm sure they're fine cameras if you look after them carefully
and have them CLA'd regularly, but I'm not too impressed with their track
record otherwise.  By comparison, the K-series bodies tend to hold up
beautifully, and I'd be hard pressed to think of a Super Program/Program
Plus I've seen come through in the past few years that had anything wrong
with it.

chris