It seems I must make amends for my blasphemous statements bout the MX.
I believe that SMC is amongst the best there is.

A few months ago there was some discussion about lens flare on the Leica
list, and, if I recall the series of events correctly, someone commented
on the remarkable resistance to flare that a particular Leica lens had,
and exemplified the statement with a photo.  "Feh!" I said to myself,
"SMC lenses can do better than that."  Soon after Rob Studdert posted a
shot taken with an A15/3.5.  It was a photo of a winter scene, lots of
snow, shot directly into the sun.  Flare? What flare ... not another
word was heard from the Leicaphiles on the subject.

The MX might not be one of Pentax's best bodies, but it holds lenses
with great coatings.

--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]