I like the original better - it has a certain 'wholeness' to it, a
completeness, and the dead leaves (not bare spots at all) add a significant
contrast to and interest in the bluebells, and to the trees surrounding the
clearing.

The cropped image is just that - cropped, and not very interesting for me.
It seems incomplete.

Maris