I know this is way off topic, but I'd appreciate any pointers from someone
who's been there...

My girlfriend and I are probably (70%) relocating to Paris for 2+ years
starting in January.  Our respective companies are handling the work visas,
her co. is picking up the moving bill, we just need to find a place to live.
  Can anyone help with online resources for apartment rentals?
Neighborhoods to stay out of (crime, price)?  How are the suburbs?  My new
office will be in Velizy, her job is 80% travel through Europe.  We're
headed over next month but want to have a look over the web now if
possible...

Any replies are appreciated, off-list is fine.  Sorry for posting this to
the PDML but it's the only international list I'm on and my web searches
aren't bearing much fruit.

Mike Y.