On 04/05/07, AlexG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I scored a used Diamondtron 2070SB, manufactured late 2003 for about
> $250. The seller misrepresented the monitor. While it's reasonably
> sharp all the way up to 1920x1440 @ 85hz (a truly awesome resolution
> to work in. I can't describe how great it is to have that much screen
> space) it suffers from bad color rendition (posterizing?) especially
> in skin tones, bad brightness (presumably because it's been abused)
> and ghosting/banding. Basically unusable for photo editing (but great
> for games)

I have the 2070SB, it's a very good monitor, it calibrates superbly
but really it's only usable to 1600x1200 due to gamma shifts (which is
true of most aperture grille type monitors of this size). Install the
Naviset software and you can then easily trim the monitor settings
from the system desktop (assuming that you have a compatible card). I
can provide my calibrated settings which won't be perfect for your
particular monitor but should get you in the ball-park.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA