I used to have a Pontiac Bonneville with a sun roof (and traction control,
for our winters).  My son unfortunately 'hit a pothole' and destroyed the
engine, and before I could have it replaced he hit an expressway ramp
barrier and wreaked havoc on the body.  Total loss at that point (I was well
insured) so I traded it in for a van to drive my daughter to & from college
in Brooklyn.  Lo and behold, she called the beginning of her second
semester:  "Dad - COME PICK ME UP NOW".  She's graduating locally soon, the
U of I at Chicago.  Van not needed :-(   Wish I had the Pontiac.

As to that crate - a similar crate, which collapses flat, and with wheels
and an extendable handle so that one can transport goods is sold.  Check
your local Walmart, Kmart, etc. - I think they're under $25.  Probably in
'Luggage'.

Maris