On 5/8/07, Godfrey DiGiorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There's also "The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Book for Digital
> Photographers" by Scott Kelby. I have that and the Martin Evening book.

I' was going to order the Kelby book with my LR order last week, but
it would have held up the mailing until late May or Early June, as
the book was not in stock, so i just ordered the LR..

I have two other Kelby books, and like the way he presents the
tutorials, so i'll most likely pick his book
up

Dave

> Tina Manley on one of my other lists also had this to offer:
>
> > For those who have had questions about Adobe's Lightroom, I can
> > highly recommend Michael Clark's eBook "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom.
> > I also have Martin Evenings' "The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Book."
> >
> > The difference is that Martin Evenings' book is very, very thorough
> > and covers every way to do everything.  It is 336 pages long.  I'm
> > on Chapter Two and will finish it someday.  I'm sure I'll learn a
> > lot, but I wanted something to help me jump right in.
> >
> > Michael Clark's eBook is an outline of his workflow with
> > Lightroom.  He takes you through, step by step, and tells you how
> > he does each step and why.  He doesn't go into other ways of
> > working or all of the mechanics behind the program.  He does tell
> > you reasons that he has chosen to work the way he does.  It all
> > makes good sense.  His book is 96 pages long and I finished it in
> > one night.  I have changed several steps in my workflow and found
> > out quite a few things that the program will do that I didn't know
> > about.
> >
> > I hope this helps.  I'm not connected with either publication -
> > just looking for help!
> >
> > http://www.michaelclarkphoto.com/workflow.html

> On May 8, 2007, at 7:51 PM, Stan Halpin wrote:
>
> > After working with Lightroom for a couple of days, and trying
> > unsuccessfully to find answers in the Help system, I knew I had to
> > buy a good book to help me into the depths of the program. (No
> > offense to Godfrey, our own on-line Help system for LR, but I did
> > really want my own book to read.)
> >
> > Some web search revealed zero, nada, nothing, zip. But two books due
> > for release "in May." So I ordered from Amazon, they arrived today.
> >
> > 1. The Adobe Photoshhop Lightroom Book by Martin Evening, published
> > by Adobe Press. (Remember when computer programs came with books like
> > this? They were called Users' Manuals...)
> >
> > 2. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom: for digital photographers Only, by Rob
> > Sheppard, published by Wiley.
> >
> > After a very cursory look through the two, I would say that the
> > Evening book is more like a well done referrence manual, and the
> > Sheppard book is more like an instruction manual. Both have pretty
> > pictures and good graphics.
> >
> > Now excuse me, I have some reading to do...
> >
> > stan

Equine Photography
www.caughtinmotion.com
http://brooksinthecountry.blogspot.com/