Oh, I didn't read what you said carefully  enough.

I used Elements Classroom in a Book to learn Elements 3. I  haven't needed
much book learning for later versions of Elements. So I can't  vouch for the
Elements 5 version

http://tinyurl.com/3xs6ad

I found  the Elements 3 version almost too simple/dumbed down for me after
knowing  Paintshop Pro, so it might be just right for you. (I don't mean
anything by that  except your inexperience. :-)) This series is definitely not
as
good as Deke  McCelland's PS books, but it is a pretty easy way to learn the
basics of  Elements.

HTH, Marnie aka  Doe

Warning: I  am now filtering my email, so you may be censored.