Jay Taylor wrote:

> http://i.pbase.com/
> o6/87/63987/1/81261177.gmwcxIHL.PieBilledGrebe1062407.jpg

It's a nice shot, colors, detail, background are all really nice.

One gripe: the bird is dead-center.  If it was offset to one side or the
  other I think the composition would work better.

> Even with the long zoom (FA*250-600/5.6) I found I had to be pretty
> stealthy to get into a position to make a few capture of these
> skittish birds.

They aren't easy...

> Since it was an overcast day I figured I'd better take Joe's advice
> and use the tripod.

I don't know why you WOULDN'T use a tripod EVERY day.  Except for flight
shots with 1/1000 or greater shutter speeds I wouldn't handhold any long
lens.  The 250-600 would be great on a gimball style mount like the
Wimberley and would probably work quite well on the Sidekick (for a
lower-cost solution).

--

Christian
http://photography.skofteland.net