In a message dated 10/11/2007 8:25:51 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
On Oct 11, 2007, at 7:44 AM,  [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I made the mistake of not  importing  the top directories,
> although Lightroom didn't seem to allow me  to.

If you've already got the subdirectories imported, click the  "+"
button in the Folder panel and select the top level directory.  It
will re-sort the subdirectory tree properly even if you then  click
"cancel", I believe.

> 2. A batch synchronize folders  routine. Where one can pick out a
> HD or a top
>  directory and have Lightroom synchronize the whole thing.

That's exactly  what it does now ...

Click +, look at the import dialog, turn off  everything you don't
want, and it will bring in the entire tree and  synchronize to current
state.

Godfrey

Aha!  Thanks, Godfrey. Will definitely try it. (Didn't seem to do anything in
1.0, but  must admit haven't thoroughly explored 1.2 yet.)

Marnie  :-)

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.