----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Loveless"
Subject: Transporting wet prints

> Hey, gang!  Gots another darkroom question.  While my own darkroom is in
> the works (and progressing most slowly) I've decided to start using a
> public darkroom about 20 miles from home.  Current plans are to continue
> developing negatives at home, and only bring what I intend to print to
> the darkroom facility.  The problem is that their hours are limited, and
> my schedule will only fit within about 5 hours per week over two days.
> So I have to work efficiently.  What I'd like to do is place my prints
> in a storage tank full of water, after they're rinsed, and transport
> them home for drying.  As best as I can figure, the prints will be in
> the tank at least 30 minutes, and for no more than 2 hours, before being
> hung.  Anyone see a problem with this?  FWIW, I currently have about 100
> sheets of fiber-based paper to go through.  Once this is gone I'll
> replace it with resin coated paper to cut down on my wash time (and
> darkroom fees).
>
> I'll probably use a commercially available processing or washing tank
> with dividers to keep the prints separated.

I'd rinse them as well as possible at the darkroom and then loosely roll
them and put them into a 5 gallon plastic pail of water. Put the lid on the
pail to keep the water from sloshing out. You won't need to worry about
keeping the prints seperate from each other, they won't scratch each other
when they are wet.

William Robb