> <http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,22782110-5014115,00.html>

We had a Leica like that, though a bit younger, in the Leica display case at
the camera shop I worked at.

There was a ton of Leica collectible crap in there, and a dozen or so old,
but working, cameras.  I was always amazed by them.  So old, yet still
functioning like hardly a decade had gone by.  There was one device in
particular that would mount to the bottom of the camera and *automatically*
remove and attatch any one of three lenses to the body.  This piece of
mechanical wizardry blew my mind, and I doubt anything like it will ever be
produced in large numbers again.

The amazing Leica Shop at Camera West in Monterey, CA has some old Leicas
too, but I didn't see anything quite as old as what I'd experienced.  My old
store was supposed to get a Leica Shop too, before the store went under.

John

--
http://www.neovenator.com
http://www.cafepress.com/neovenatorphoto