So today I temporarily cut off my right hand.  No, not really, but I did
send in my camera to Pentax to have the AF fixed, and it does feel like I've
lost something important.  I was just getting so tired of ending up with
improper focus and not knowing it till I could see the photo on my computer
screen.  I realized last night that my warranty runs out in a couple days,
so I overnighted the camera to Colorado today.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I first noticed the problem when I got
the DA21 Limited a couple months ago.  If I tried to take a close-up of
something with that lens, focus was almost always off.  Then I was shooting
my work's holiday card photo last week (with the FA50 1.4), and, well, I got
the other side of the street more in focus than me and my coworkers. The AF
told me my subject was in focus, but I guess it lied. I looked at some older
photos from this past year and noticed the problem over and over again, with
a variety of lenses.

I'm hoping they'll get the camera back to me before the New Year, but I'm
not holding my breath. I saw how long things could take when I worked at
Reed's, and although it's not terrible, it's still making me wonder how I'm
going to last a month without a camera.

On the upside, even though I sold all my 35mm and MF cameras this past
summer, I still have my Auto110.  Now to find film...

John Celio

--
http://www.neovenator.com
http://www.cafepress.com/neovenatorphoto