Ooops. A Pentax rep in fact told me that they had both the black 31 Limited
and the chrome one in stock. He went out to collect the black one to show
it to me. However, he couldn't find it and said that it probably had been
sold. A week later when I actually bought mine (chrome) another Pentax rep
told me that they never had black Limited lenses but that they could order
it, and in fact had done so. However, their orders were being changed from
black to chrome by Pentax. The weird thing is that black Limited lenses are
on their stock list of items possible to order. Usually, items not meant
for Europe is not possible to order.
There are two possible explanations: 1) Somebody mistakenly  let the black
limiteds into the European product list; 2) Pentax plan to market the black
Limiteds in Europe at a later date. I believe in the latter possibility;
Pentax do provide parts to black Limited lenses in Europe now. Strange
since they don't sell them.  I suspect that they are withheld for
world-wide distribution until a "Limited" camera is marketed.
Again, chrome Limited lenses can be converted into black ones since the
parts are available. It cost approximately $120.

Pål