Over saturated colors, smoothed out detail, typical digital
image taken to the extreme. Someone on the list a long while
ago called it "the cartoon effect", and that describes it
perfectly. All digital images have it to some extent or
another, but folks have gotten used to it and no longer
notice if it is not as extreme as in your photo. Some
actually think it looks better than a photographic image.

Graywolf (Tom Rittenhouse)
Website: http://www.graywolfphoto.com
Blog:    http://www.graywolfphoto.com/journal/