> Result:  The FA 50 was spot-on, the DA 50-200 was
> slightly back-focused, and the DA 16-45 was
> significantly back-focused (by about 20 cm at the 1.5m
> distance).
>
> Obviously any global adjustment that fixes the 16-45
> focus will throw the other two off.
>
> Any similar experiences?

As you may recall, I had the same problem with my K10D and sent it in to
Pentax in early December.  They fixed it and got it back to me in less than
two weeks (which still blows me away when I think about it.  that was
incredibly fast).  My camera was still under warranty (by a hair's breadth),
so that helped make the turnaround as fast as it was.  If your camera is not
under warranty and you send it in, they will have to send you an estimate
for the repair cost for you to approve before they can begin work.

Having had the same problem as you and now having it repaired, I can say for
a fact that it is completely worth the wait and possible cost.

John Celio

--
http://www.neovenator.com
http://www.cafepress.com/neovenatorphoto