> So it's been widely reported that there have been some quality issues with
> DA* 16-50 F2.8 lenses.  Can anyone on the list report how well (or not)
> Pentax USA has been dealing with the issue?  If you get a bum copy, does
> Pentax USA fix it under warranty?  Or is buying one a roll of the dice?

Isn't that a silly question?  If you bought a defective lens, why wouldn't
the manufacturer fix it under warranty?  Barring any post-purchase
butterfingerness by the end user, I can't see why Pentax or any other
manufacturer might go against their own warranty.

I have not heard of any quality issues with the lens, by the way.  Everyone
I know who owns one has been immensely happy with it.

John

--
http://www.neovenator.com
http://www.cafepress.com/neovenatorphoto