Timber,

I like both the BW and color versions. I think both
would be improved by cropping off the top 10% or so
(the busiest part of the sky).  I agree with those who
have said that the cross is either not sharp enough or
too sharp; you could use some Gaussian blur in PS or
PE to make it fuzzier.

Or, you could just go back and play with it some more!

Rick

http://www.photo.net/photos/RickW