on the subject of daffodils, did you know that in the first draft of
his famous poem, Wordsworth wrote "I wandered lonely as a cow...".

I suspect he changed it when one of his more biologically astute, and
less laudanum-influenced, friends pointed out that in most people's
world cows don't float on high o'er vale and hill.

Bob