> Is there someone on the list who knows Pragua for photos?

I've never been to Prague, but I've been to some other cities. When
I'm on a photo trip to a city for the first time I like to walk
everywhere. I generally decide on 2 or 3 things I'd like to see during
the day, and roughly what time I'd like to see them, plot an
approximate course, and start walking. That guarantees that I will get
lost, and in being lost I discover things, go to places, do things and
meet people that I would never otherwise have done.

As an example, when I was in Mumbai for a couple of days I decided I
wanted to see Falkland Road, the Towers of Silence, the Mahalaxmi
dhobi ghat and Marine Drive. I was staying on Marine Drive so that was
taken care of automatically. But I plotted a course and set off at
about 7am one morning. I wondered around Mumbai for about 12 hours and
had a fascinating time, seeing everything I wanted to, and also
stumbling across places like the Dharavi slums, many, many little
backstreets full of peculiarity and oddness, and I got a fairly decent
selection of photos.

Here are 2 of my favourites:

http://www.web-options.com/BombaySleep1.jpg
http://www.web-options.com/Saris.jpg

One of the most important tools of the photographer's trade are his
shoes.

Bob