I, too, saw Vulcans (amongst other things) at the Farnborough shows.
The most awesome-sounding Vulcan, which also showed up at Farnborough,
was the one used as the flying test bed for the Olympus Two engine.
That had the bomb bay doors removed and the extra engine mounted in
the centre of the aircraft.

First the Vulcan made a long, slow pass running on the usual four
Olympus One engines.  Then the pilot made another pass with all the
main engines off (or, almost certainly, throttled right back), and
just the single Olympus Two powering the aircraft. That was loud.

Mind you, for sheer noise, it's hard to beat the eventual home of
the Olympus Two - the Concorde (which had *four* of them!).