At 10:27 AM 11/29/01 -0500,  Mafud wrote:
>In a message dated 11/28/01 11:05:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>

> > That does suck. Is there an option on the camera to lock the
> aperture?  The
> > CP990 has a variable aperture, but there's an option to lock it so it
> > simulates a constant aperture zoom.  The Pz-1p has the same ability with
> > variable zooms.
> >

>While I agree, no serious photographer should own or use a non-dedicated
>flash with variable aperture zooms.
>**a dedicated flash sets the aperture per the film speed.

My choice of words may have been inaccurate - the aperture is not locked
into one setting, but can be set via the body so it stays constant through
the zoom range.

I'm not sure of the precise definition of 'dedicated flash' - I thought it
meant that the shutter speed was automatically fixed, not the aperture. By
your definition, the LX does not have flash dedication.

And while I don't want to quibble with what is probably just your choice of
words... photographers, serious or silly, really have every right to own
and use whatever gear they like.

- MCC
Mark Cassino
Kalamazoo, MI